How to Get Your Service Business to Rank on Google
If you have a service-area business (in which you travel to your customers) rather than a bricks-and-mortar location, there are specific SEO tactics you can use to help your website rank on Google.
These SEO suggestions will also help if your business is a physical location, and are great tips for local business in general.
- On your website create “Service + Area” pages. These pages are about one specific service + location.
- An example for a local plumber: create a page on his website with the title: Hot Water Service Installation in Doncaster.
- Try to include these words ” near me/you or near Doncaster [city]” in the body of the web page as naturally as possible.
- Provide plenty of information about this specific service you offer. Use all the keywords sprinkled throughout the content.
- Showcase jobs you have completed. Potential customers want to see your work – so show them on Google.
- Use images and even better embed videos about your service. Using your smartphone is perfectly fine. Just make sure ALWAYS IN LANDSCAPE.
- Create a post on your Google My Business profile and link this post to your website “Service + Area” page.
Need help creating “Service + Area” pages on your website and Google My Business?
Give me a call or email to discuss.
Alison Evans – Pinpoint Local